Trine 4 will feature an all-new story that reunites Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya, with The Nightmare Prince as well as the return of the magic of 2.5D puzzle-platforming gameplay, one that defined a genre in Trine 1 and Trine 2. Trine is a fantastical fairytale world full of beautiful artistry, layered with physics-based puzzles, and exciting combat which combine for wondrous gameplay.
In this new release for the first time, you will be able to play as a four-player co-op, both locally and online. Trine 4 features a beautiful new soundtrack from the composer of Trine 1-3 helping to weave together the magic of the previous releases with the wonder of new adventures.
From the trailer and promo materials released today we know features include:
- Gorgeous 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action.
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
If you’re interested in mastering Trine Enchanted Edition, Trine 2: Complete Story and Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, you’ll be able to purchase a Switch cart with Trine Series 1-3 which will release on April 26.
Brie likes to game, and by game she means mash on the buttons and holler at the TV. She is, however, very competitive and will trash talk you ruthlessly even if she doesn’t know what she’s doing. Probably best for her to stick to collaborative games on game night.