Trine 4 will feature an all-new story that reunites Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya, with The Nightmare Prince as well as the return of the magic of 2.5D puzzle-platforming gameplay, one that defined a genre in Trine 1 and Trine 2. Trine is a fantastical fairytale world full of beautiful artistry, layered with physics-based puzzles, and exciting combat which combine for wondrous gameplay.
In this new release for the first time, you will be able to play as a four-player co-op, both locally and online. Trine 4 features a beautiful new soundtrack from the composer of Trine 1-3 helping to weave together the magic of the previous releases with the wonder of new adventures.
From the trailer and promo materials released today we know features include:
- Gorgeous 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action.
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
If you’re interested in mastering Trine Enchanted Edition, Trine 2: Complete Story and Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, you’ll be able to purchase a Switch cart with Trine Series 1-3 which will release on April 26.