Bethesda recently announced that an update coming today for Doom on the Switch will add motion controls to the game. The motion controls will allow players to use the Joy-Cons’ built in gyroscope for precision aiming and can be used in tandem with traditional stick aiming if players prefer.
Bethesda has also announced that the update will include a new party system for players looking to play multiplayer together. The goal is for Doom players on Switch to have an easier time grouping up with their friends to play multiplayer together.
Additionally, Bethesda has introduced a few in-game improvements and bug fixes along with a new game icon that shows up on the Nintendo Switch menu.
Have you played Doom on the Switch? Will you be trying out the motion controls or the new party features? Let us know!
Full patch notes:
DOOM for Nintendo Switch: February Patch Notes
- Motion Aiming – New control scheme option allows you to tilt the Nintendo Switch for more precise aiming
- Multiplayer Parties – Added new party system, making it easier to group up and play with your friends in multiplayer
- Updated Game Icon – Game icon now matches the DOOM for Nintendo Switch boxart
- Increased the average resolution in lower-res areas of the game
- Implemented CPU optimizations
- Added Traditional Chinese language support
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a possible crash when using the BFG
- Fixed an issue that caused audio issues while playing
- Fixed an issue that caused stretched textures to appear in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where controls became unresponsive on the game menu
- Fixed an issue where players may have incorrectly received a ban notice in multiplayer
Chris started loving video games at a young age, playing Super Mario World and Star Fox on his parents’ SNES. Although Nintendo (the Switch in particular these days) is still front and center for him, he also spends a fair amount of time on his PS4 and PC. He is also a huge fan of the Fire Emblem and Star Fox franchises. Chris enjoys watching basketball as well and is a huge fan of the Portland Trail Blazers.
Plays: Switch, PS4, PC.